Hey followers and readers! Apologies for the quiet blog. Life has been very busy! Caring for a toddler and a newborn is rather time consuming to say the least, and we are all exhausted. Super happy, but exhausted!
It’s been a little over a month now since the birth and here’s a little update on our progress.
- Baby is still in size 1 nappies.
- Size Newborn/0-3 clothes are still swamping her.
- She has smiled in the last few days at my mum, me, my fiancé and her big sister when we use high pitched voices. She has the prettiest little grin.
- She was born with a mad cluster of dark hair but it’s starting to shed now. I believe she will be fair as she has fair eyebrows.
- Milk spots are disappearing and newborn acne is starting to clear up.
- For the first two weeks, breastfeeding was difficult and my breasts were very sore. Thankfully now though, they’ve toughened up!
- The forceps delivery was a huge trauma to say the least and I have been having nightmares about it when I manage to sleep long enough to dream.
- For a week I was stuck on the sofa downstairs except to go to the toilet because my tear was so painful. But with gentle walks and a lot of rest I was properly up and about before the end of the week and at the end of the month I was exercising regularly again.
- I have lost a dress size in weight and back in some of my old clothes. I was a size 10-12 in dresses and a 14 on bottom pre-pregnancy. It depends on the fit of the clothes though, I won’t fit into my more tight fitting dresses and jeans for a while, but that’s okay. It’s only been a month!
That’s all I’ve got time to write now but I wish everyone a happy week and I hope you are all enjoying the summer! 🌞